Applications for the Graduate Program in Chemistry at KU are made through the Office of Graduate Studies:
You will need the following for your application:
- Transcripts: A scanned version of the transcript from your undergraduate and any post-Bachelor institution(s). (If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended.)
- Recommendations: You will be asked for the names and email addresses of three people who can write a recommendation letter describing your qualifications for graduate school in chemistry. Once you submit the application, an email will be sent requesting a letter from each person that you name.
- GRE Scores: Highly recommended, but not required
- Resume/CV and Personal Statement: Highly recommended, but not required
- International Students: Proof of English proficiency, as required by the Office of Graduate Studies. To be considered for GTA/GRA support, you must be admitted on regular status. GTA positions also require at least a 22 on the Speak portion of the TOEFL test (8 on IELTS).
Application fees will be waived for all domestic applicants. If you are an international student who would like to request an application fee waiver, please submit your request using the application fee waiver request webform.
The Department of Chemistry will review your application only after the application process is complete. Please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Avery Meadows (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any questions about the application process.