Undergraduate Research Courses

A student working on research in a class.

What do I do now that I've joined a research group?

Most KU Chemistry majors engaging in research choose to enroll in one of the courses below, but it is also possible to get paid for your efforts or simply to volunteer.  No matter which situation applies to you during a given semester, you need to make sure the Chemistry Department is aware of your status.

The full descriptions of each course can be found at the KU Academic Catalog

CHEM 498 (Undergraduate Research)


CHEM 698 (Undergraduate Capstone Research): Satisfies Capstone requirement


CHEM 699 (Undergraduate Honors Research): Satisfies Capstone requirement