Walter and Roy Cross Professional Service Awards
Purpose: Review articles written on the faculty’s specialty require a significant investment in time but do a great service for our professional community. These articles summarize a specialty which helps both those in the field as well as those wishing to learn more. These articles can also generate a substantial number of citations that improves departmental and faculty impact metrics.
Program: The Department recognizes the time investment and incentivizes the writing of review articles through the introduction of the “Walter and Roy Cross Professional Service Awards”.
- To be eligible, review articles must be peer-reviewed, comprehensive, and published in a recognized scientific journal. Review-type articles written for the popular press are not eligible. Mini-review formats are also not eligible.
- The KU Chemistry faculty member must be a corresponding author on the work.
- Book chapters are not eligible.
- Monthly emails from the Department will solicit articles for consideration.
- The final decision on review article eligibility will be made by the Chair of the department in consultation with the Associate Chairs.
Award: Winners of the Walter and Roy Cross Professional Service Awards will receive a cash award of $1,000.
Support: This program is supported through the Drs. Walter M. and Roy Cross Memorial Fund in Chemistry and subject to the availability of funds.