Congratulations to Prof. Chris Elles, who has been awarded a $100,000 grant from the ACS Petroleum Research Fund to study "Ultrafast Dynamics of Organic and Molecular Electronics Components." It will support work in the Elles group examining the behavior of conjugated molecular building blocks that are used to make solar cells and other carbon-based electronics devices. Using ultrafast spectroscopy, the research will examine the dynamics of these molecules, and how their properties change with increasing molecular size and chemical composition.
Why KU Chemistry
Chemistry department receives more than $6 million in research grants annually
14 chemistry faculty members have NSF CAREER Awards
Longest-running chemistry Research Experience for Undergraduates in the nation
- Fri, Nov. 6th - Dept. Seminar - Prof. Amber Krummel, Colo. State Univ.
- Sat, Nov. 7th - 6th Annual Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium
- Fri, Nov. 13th - Dept. Seminar - Dr. Christopher Marshall, Argonne National Laboratory of Illinois
- Sun, Nov. 22nd - 20th Annual Carnival of Chemistry, 1-4pm in Malott Hall
- November 18, 2015Misha Barybin named Outstanding Honors Advisor at KU
- October 14, 2015Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium