Dr. Shih-I Chu, Watkins Distinguished Professor of Chemistry and Director of the Kansas Center for Advanced Scientific Computing, has been elected as a Fellow in The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS). TWAS is an autonomous international organization based in Trieste, Italy. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South. Dr. Chu was nominated for the innovative development of generalized Floquet theories, time-dependent density functional theory, and accurate computational methods of remarkable power for the nonperturbative description of highly nonlinear optical response of atoms and molecules to intense ultrashort laser fields, and other important problems.
Why KU Chemistry
Chemistry department receives more than $6 million in research grants annually
14 chemistry faculty members have NSF CAREER Awards
Longest-running chemistry Research Experience for Undergraduates in the nation
- Fri, Nov. 6th - Dept. Seminar - Prof. Amber Krummel, Colo. State Univ.
- Sat, Nov. 7th - 6th Annual Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium
- Fri, Nov. 13th - Dept. Seminar - Dr. Christopher Marshall, Argonne National Laboratory of Illinois
- Sun, Nov. 22nd - 20th Annual Carnival of Chemistry, 1-4pm in Malott Hall
- November 18, 2015Misha Barybin named Outstanding Honors Advisor at KU
- October 14, 2015Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium