NOTE: Any employment with the University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
The Chemistry Department at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit online applications to the Lecturer Pool to be considered for either part-time to full time temporary teaching positions as they are needed.
- Title: Lecturer
- Starting Date: The date will vary as the need arises and the dates will coincide with the beginning of the academic calendar. Fall appointments begin in August, spring appointments in January and summer appointments in June.
- Type of Appointment: One semester, renewable, subject to review and funding. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Salary: Approximately $5,000 to $8,000 per semester, based on teaching experience, educational level, size and level of the course.
- FTE: Part-Time to Full Time
- Duties: Teach appropriate curricula, write and grade exams for curricula. Classes range from 100 level General Chemistry to 600 level Organic Chemistry classes. Lecturer must abide by department, College and University policies and procedures.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related Physical Science/Engineering.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous teaching experience in university/college setting.
- Contact Person: Bev Johnson; email@example.com, University of Kansas, Chemistry Department, Malott Hall, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Rm 2010, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-1203.
- Application Procedures: Application, curriculum vitae, and three references are to be submitted on line. For complete description and to apply, use the following link: https://employment.ku.edu/academic/3648BR
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The University of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University encourages applications from underrepresented group members. Federal and state legislation prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, and veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, martial status and parental status.
The Post-Doc Application Pool
A pool of applications for post-doctoral positions is continuously maintained.
The Chemistry Department invites qualified Ph.D. chemists to submit applications to their ongoing Postdoctoral Pool. The pool will be reviewed by individual faculty members for consideration of research positions in any of the following fields: Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, and Science Education. Follow this link to see a list of faculty members and their research opportunities.
For complete description and to apply go to : https://employment.ku.edu/staff/3672BR and:
- Review the job description
- Click on “Apply to Job”
- Login if you are registered and skip to step #4
- Register if necessary
- Click on “Click here to create a login.”
- Click on “Continue”
- Enter e-mail address, password (twice), and answers to three different security questions
- Click “Continue””
- Select “Upload my resume/CV from my computer”, click on “Browse”
- Browse to your resume or CV and upload it
- Select “Upload my cover letter from my computer”, click on “Browse” (optional)
- Browse to your cover letter and upload it
- Click on “Continue”
- If your documents appear correctly, click on “Continue”. If not, click on “Back” and try again.
- When your documents are correct, click on “Continue”
- Edit “Contact Information”, Work Experience” and “Education” if necessary
- When all tabs are correct, click on “Continue”
- Attach any attachments to support your application, click on “Continue”
- Answer questions, click on “Continue”
- Answer additional questions
- Click on “Submit”
- You should be directed to a confirmation page. If not, edit and resubmit.
- Consult the “Help” page for additional help