Connecting to a Multi-function Device (MFD) from Mac OSX
To install on a KU managed Macintosh OSX machine, install using the SMB path
1. Decide which printer you would like to connect to:
- MALOTT-2010-front-MFD (near reception desk in 2010)
- MALOTT-2010-rear-MFD (office work area, 2010)
- RGS-MRB1-KMC280 (first floor, south of lobby)
- RGS-MRB222-KMC280 (room 220, second floor)
- RGS-MRB322-KMC280 (room 320, third floor)
2. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
3. Select View then choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
4. Click the + button (located on the bottom left) to add a printer.
5. Press the Control key while clicking the "Default" icon (or any other icon on the toolbar), then choose Customize Toolbar from the contextual menu that appears.
6. Drag the Advanced (gear) icon to the toolbar.
7. Click Done.
8. Click the Advanced icon that was added to the toolbar.
9. Choose Windows from the Type pop-up menu.
10. In the URL field, type the printer's address in one of the following formats:
example: smb://pcutprd01.home.ku.edu/<DEPT><Building><Room Number><Model>
(Example: smdb://pcutprd01.ku.edu//IT-CSF204-KMC280 is a device in IT, Computer Services Facility, Room 204, and is a Konica Minolta Color 280)
11. In the Name field, type the name you would like to use for this printer in Mac OS X.
12. Highlight the appropriate PPD or printer driver from the "Use" drop-down menu. Select OK.
13. Click Add.