IT Resources for Faculty, Students, and Staff
Remote Access to Chemistry Servers and Drives
It is possible to reach personal and group drives from a computer not connected to Active Directory and the KU network. The most efficient method is to map a drive (go to a server on a Mac). This is possible when connected to KU via KU Anywhere.
- Create a virtual network connection using KU Anywhere. Instructions are here. (NOTE: if you are connected via the Jayhawk wireless network, skip this step)
- Map your group and home drives
Connecting to an Multi-function Device (MFD)
It is possible to send print jobs to the MFDs in MRB. Your research group will be charged for these print jobs. To print to the MFDs in ISB, please contact Chemistry Tech Support group at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting to a Network Printer
It is possible to connect to network printers if the printer has a static IP address. Currently it is not possible to print via a wireless connection.
- ChemBioOffice (ChemDraw for Macintosh) on Personal Workstations KU Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Chemistry Add-in for Word: to help deal with chemistry related content (Windows only).
- Limited licenses are available for MatLab and LabView. Contact the Chemistry Tech Support group at email@example.com for additional information.
- KU provides no cost or low cost access to a number of programs.