Credit By Exam

Students expecting to take the Credit by Exam should not enroll in the course for which they are seeking credit (CHEM 100, 110, 130, 135, 330/331, 335/336). The student must be enrolled at KU for the period during which the exam is administered and credit is awarded. Transfer students that took organic chemistry 1 and/or 2 at a Kansas community college level may take the Credit by Exam for junior/senior credit. For additional information, please contact Dr. David Benson. 

Credit by Exam may not be taken to supersede a "D" or "F" grade of the same course. A letter grade of "A", "B", "C" ,“D” or CR will be assigned, depending on the circumstances of the exam. Exams taken for proficiency will only receive credit, as there are no grades assigned in this case. There is no record made for those students who are not awarded credit due to an unsatisfactory outcome. 

The Chemistry department has partnered with KU Testing services as our official proctor for exams. Contact the KU Testing Services office at 785-864-2768 or email the manager, Celeste Smith to schedule your exam. Once a date and time has been arranged, please contact Dr. Benson so that materials can be delivered in a timely manner. 

Chemistry department receives more than $8.5 million in research grants annually
14 chemistry faculty members have NSF CAREER Awards
Longest-running chemistry Research Experience for Undergraduates in the nation
Connect with KU Chemistry
Facebook  Twitter  Linked In Logo  YouTube