Congrats to Megan Watson for being named one of the ten finalists for KU’s 22nd annual Excellence in Community, Education and Leadership Awards. Megan, from Overland Park, is a senior majoring in Chemistry and English, and is a 2012 KU Woman of Distinction. On October 27, at the KU homecoming football game, the two winners will announced who will receive a $500 scholarship. Follow this link for the complete KU News Release.
Why KU Chemistry
Chemistry department receives more than $6 million in research grants annually
14 chemistry faculty members have NSF CAREER Awards
Longest-running chemistry Research Experience for Undergraduates in the nation
- Fri, Nov. 6th - Dept. Seminar - Prof. Amber Krummel, Colo. State Univ.
- Sat, Nov. 7th - 6th Annual Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium
- Fri, Nov. 13th - Dept. Seminar - Dr. Christopher Marshall, Argonne National Laboratory of Illinois
- Sun, Nov. 22nd - 20th Annual Carnival of Chemistry, 1-4pm in Malott Hall
- November 18, 2015Misha Barybin named Outstanding Honors Advisor at KU
- October 14, 2015Wakarusa Valley ACS Student Research Symposium